Jun 5, 2014

Baguio Part 2 - Strawberry Farm

The next day we woke up early to get ready for a long day list of activities that we scheduled to do in Baguio. If ever you missed reading my blog entry just click the link Baguio Part 1. Our first stop is the Strawberry Farm.

At the farm they also plant lettuces, tomatoes and other leafy veggies that is unfamiliar to me. Maybe I haven't eaten those vegetables at home that's why I can't recognize them. Okay, that's only my excuse. LOL.

Strawberries
Strawberry fruits ready to harvest
We don't grab the opportunity to harvest strawberries because it is too expensive. You have to pay about 300 pesos and they will give you a mini basket to store the fruits. We just took a picture of strawberries, the farm, the muddy soil and the flying bees. Haha.


Tons of lettuces which are so fresh, so green and so leafy.




I told you there are so many of them in the farm. This is lettuce overload shot.

Oh look! We also spotted this cherry tomatoes that look like Christmas light bulbs!

Super cute that I wanted to pick one but I hesitated because I spotted farmers eyeing on me while I am taking this photo

Alukbati fruits. It reminds me so much of my childhood days that I put those fruits into a tap water and pretend it is a gulaman with my playmates. Nah, of course I didn't drink the juice.

I don't know if this is an everlasting flower or not. This is just a random shot.
Random shot part 2. I am just fond of flowers.

They are also selling these strawberries outside the farm at a lower price!
Snow peas, baguio beans, carrots, potatoes, baby potatoes, sayote, cabbages, bell peppers
Another veggie stall
Cauliflower variants: Green & White
Local Apples
Sugar Beets
Sayote Leaves. The lady vendor told us how to use this veggies into making it a delicious salad.
Random Pasalubong for friends at Manila

Strawberry ice-cream for us

We also tried strawberry ice-cream which is super delicious. The texture and consistency is like gelato and the ice cream vendor doesn't scrimp on strawberry fruits.

Copyright © Journey to Euphoria | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Noren | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com